Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Well, I just found Debbie's email, almost a month later. Guess It doesn't really matter... Just shows how far behind I am in everything...

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? Doctor's office in Springville.
2- Who was with you? No one.
3- How did you find out that you were pregnant? The doctor said "The rabbit died" Did a rabbit die for every baby? No wonder they came up with the test sticks. I felt bad for the rabbit!
4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? Excited but surprised. I had been on the pill for 2 years. Had been off for 1 month... I should have known Chelsie was going to be in a hurry to get her own way even before she was born! That is part of her specialness!!!
5- Who was the first person you told? Orv
6-Did you plan to get pregnant? I did, he didn't.
7- Did you tell everyone else right away? Yes, but I was already 3 months along. You didn't know the next day like you do now.
8-Was everybody happy for you? Yes
9- Did you go out and celebrate? I can't remember.
10- Did you want to find out the sex? Well, in those "olden days" Debbie was talking about, my Doc said it was a boy and his wife's was a girl because of the rate the heart was beating. We got a girl and they got a boy. So much for the reliability of that method!!!
11- What was the sex? Girl
12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes, my Mom and Teena in Enoch.
13- If yes, who? Woops, I got ahead of myself...
14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby? No
15- How much weight did you gain? 30 lbs! Lost it all while I was in the hospital... lots of fluids! Gained it back while nursing.
16- Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? Oh, several times.....
17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? YESSSSSS! And they NEVER go away!!!
18- What did you crave the most? Tacos from Taco Bell.
19- Did you crave anything crazy? No but my friend craved the smell of hot tar on the road. Is that strange or what?
20- Who or what got on your nerves the most? Trying to sit still at work at the sewing plant. Just couldn't do it.....
21- Were you married at the time? Yes
22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No
23- Where were you when you went into labor? Home in bed.
24- Did your water break? Yes, I woke up dreaming about a flood and low and behold, I was in the middle of one!!!
25- Who drove you to the hospital? Orv
26- Did you go early or late? I was a week early.
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Orville and the nurse and, by the skin of his teeth, the Doctor...
28- How long were you in labor for? TOO LONG... The Doc kept me because my water broke but made me walk around in the hospital for almost 6 hours. Went in at 5 AM, had her at noon.
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Are you kidding??? That was the "Lamaze" era. I am sure a MAN dreamed that up!!!
30-Did you go Natural or have a c-section? As natural as it comes.
31- What was your first reaction after giving birth? Hallelujah, it is OVER!!! Then I cried because she was sooooo beautiful. I was amazed at how much I loved her!
32- How big was the baby(s? 8 lbs 7 oz
33 - Did your Husband cry? No
34- What did you name the baby(s)? Chelsie Rae
35- Does his/her name have any significant meaning? We wanted something unusual and I saw Chelsea and liked it...We spelled it Chelsie because we had never heard of it as a name before and wanted people to say it right... Then along came "On Golden Pond" with Jane Fonda being a Chelsea and suddenly there were millions of Chelseas... Oh well. The "Rae was for her Grandpa "Raymond".
36- Did you have any visitors? Yes, grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles and friends.
37- Did the baby(s) have any complications? No
38- How old is your baby today? 32 years old!.
39- When is the next one(s) coming? As Debbie said "When *!##! freezes over!".
40-If you could, would you do it all over again? Maybe the way Jenn has done it... All the love and cuddling and none of the pregnancy or labor. I don't think I could keep up though... I think I will stick with the grandkids. They are definitely wonderful with little work involved!!!
41- Tag: JENN, CHELSIE!!!

Fun to look back on that special time!!! I really felt JOY!

2 comments:

boteen said...

Yea, you are finally back! I know I don't have a whole lot of room to talk, but I am glad to see you back on here.
That first pregnancy is kind of hard to remember, HUH!

Cindy n Orv said...

Very hard to remember...I guess that is part of the reason we do it again... and again...