Friday, January 30, 2009

I Can See the Light.... Sunlight!

When my flower catalogs started to come...
I remembered what Mom used to do this time of year.

She ordered lots of flower catalogs.

Sometimes she ordered flowers and sometimes she just looked...


I guess I am not quite as imaginative as she is... I ordered them!
These are some of the ones I ordered...



They say they will grow here...
I think that means I have to water them and keep the weeds out.




I am not usually very good at doing that in the heat of summer but I WILL try!



At least it is fun to dream in January...

As soon as the daffodils and tulips come up I will be OK!

Looking for Spring!!!

7 comments:

Jeanine said...

K- the orange and yellow ones remind me of their home. They always had them (or similar ones) growing- seems like even in the snow those flowers were always blooming.

boteen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boteen said...

Hey Sis, I am so with you. The flowers are beautiful! At this point we are all hoping for sunny days. I love the new background. It looks like you. Is that silly? It really reminds me of you. Love Ya!

Mom C said...

Beautiful flowers. I guess I must be a "Garden of Eden" kind of gardener. I need to have a garden that just grows in spite of the gardner! Debbie

Jeanine said...

Thanks for the words on the plane rides! We have just had so many in Cedar and Blanding that I hate the thought of them in a small plane. Hey, email me at jeanine_parson@hotmail.com so I can add you to our blog. Thanks.

Brandon and Michelle said...

I am definitely getting spring fever. I look out on the balcony of our little one bedroom apartment and see the empty planter boxes. I wish there were bright beautiful flowers in them right now. But I am beginning to hear more birds sing in the morning outside my window.

LindseyFae* said...

So pretty! I'm excited to start taking flower pics once it warms up, they're amazing up the canyon when they bloom.